Each WGAZ group is required to have a Participating Group Master Agreement on file prior to the start of the season. This agreement is designed to be a single, comprehensive document that will cover items such as participant protection, copyright, liability, and scholastic eligibility. Please familiarize yourself with all the details of this agreement, including the requirement to share the Code of Conduct and Ethics with all those associated with your group.
This completed agreement must be on file with WGAZ prior to the start of the season. Groups that do not have their agreement on file will not be allowed to compete at any WGAZ event with no exceptions and could result in removal from selected show date schedule.
SINGLE SCHOOL SCHOLASTIC GROUP
- If all your performers attend the same school, please complete the Single School Participating Group Master Agreement. This will be the vast majority of scholastic groups.
- The principal of the school must sign the Master Agreement and the Scholastic Eligibility Certification letter.
COMBINED SCHOOLS SCHOLASTIC GROUP
- In some instances, scholastics group may be approved to incorporate membership from multiple schools within the same school district. Examples would include students enrolled in a feeder school participating "up" with their future school's group and potential scenarios where multiple schools share membership for shared music programs, sports teams, and/or clubs.
- If these scenarios apply to your group, please complete the Combined Schools Participating Group Master Agreement.
- The superintendent of the school district must sign the Master Agreement.
- Scholastic Eligibility Certification letters must be signed by the principal of each school involved.
- If you have any questions regarding combined group eligibility, please email Peter Wood (Percussion/Winds Liaison) or Brandy Dubose (Color Guard Liaison)
- If your group competes in an independent class, please complete the Independent Group Participating Group Master Agreement.
- An officer of the organization must sign the Master Agreement.
- Independent groups will need to submit their proof of liability insurance along with their Master Agreement.
Completed documents should be scanned and uploaded as a single file, and can be submitted in your group administration page. The deadline to submit your Participating Group Master Agreement is January 17th. If you have any questions regarding completion or submission, please contact Thien Pham.